Phew! Dress shopping was quite an adventure last night. Thanks to Laurie for being patient and helping narrow down choices and focus. There are so many pretty dresses to choose from and you all know how well I do with making decisions! :) Anyway, we got it narrowed down to 4 dresses then 2 and finally the dress that we both loved, in the color I loved. Unfortuantely our consultant looked it up in the computer and it would take 12 weeks to get the dress in.... so back to the drawing board. At least I picked the color I want but they only have a limited number of dresses that come in that color (of course). So I found three more dresses that might be possibilities. Laurie and I are going back in tonight to see how they look on.
I had originally planned on giving you guys a choice of a few different dresses but after talking to the lady last night, I may need to just make an executive decision. The fastest they can get the dresses in is 6 weeks and then with a fitting and alterations, we're pushing it to meet the April 10th deadline. So once Laurie and I pick the dress tonight, I'll need everyone to get to Davids Bridal as soon as you can to place your order.
Ok so the color I picked is called Serene. Its a sort of a smoky slate blue. It doesn't look great in the pictures but I fell in love with it in the store.
First, althought it doesn't really matter, here's the dress i really wanted:
Here are the other options we are looking at tonight. My favorite out of these is the one on the far right. Any thoughts?
Oh and pretty much any of the dresses can have straps added if you're not a fan of strapless.
The one on the right is my favorite of these too. Good thing about the straps. With these puppies, I need the support! lol
ReplyDeleteThe one on the far right was really pretty and was my fav choice going in, but it had these pleats on the front that aren't the most flattering if you have any kind of belly - which I have a belly so it was not that flattering =)
ReplyDeleteMel and I agreed that the first dress was by far the most flattering for any body type. The way it wraps at the waist is flattering and I think in the serene it will look really elegant.
The BEST dress was the one we picked the first night - it was beautiful and I was so disappointed that it would take 12 weeks to get! But this one is really pretty too. I hope everyone likes it when they try it on!
I am also very glad that straps can be added. Because strapless would have been super hard for me to pull off. LOL. Can't wait to go try this on!! And also a good reminder that we need to pay in full when we order. I had forgotten they do it that way.
ReplyDeleteAnd one more snag- all the dresses we tried on had straps that came with it except of course the one we picked. The consultant suggested that if one of the dresses gets shortened a few inches, to use that material to make straps with. Or buy the matching shawl and make straps out if it. I would talk to the lady when you go in. I would think they can do that when you get the alterations done.
ReplyDeleteWell, you know that mine will have to be shortened....LOL. So it shouldn't be a problem. thanks for the heads-up. HUGS!
ReplyDelete